Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon- October 17

 I'M SO PUMPED!! IS ANYONE ELSE PUMPED?

Man oh man this is one of my two favorite weekends of the year!

There's something magnificent in curling up on a comfy chair (or a bed, if you're like me and are currently living in a college dorm) with a huge pile of snacks to your right and a huge pile of books to your left, and a few thousand fellow readers cheering each other on on the great infinite interwebs.

Oh, I can feel the energy already!

If you're new to the world of readathons, I invite you to head over to the official Dewey's FAQ page, and hopefully get any questions you may have answered. If you want a quick description, here's a blurb from the About page:

For 24 hours, we read books, post to our blogs, Twitters, Tumblrs, Goodreads and MORE about our reading, and visit other readers’ homes online. We also participate in mini-challenges throughout the day. It happens twice a year, in April and in October.

 Honestly, this is by far the funnest readathon I've ever participated in. I don't even think I got much reading done during the last readathon in April, but I did cheer on and chat with so many awesome people on Twitter and Instagram that I wound up not even caring! Seriously guys, if you have even just 30 minutes to spare on October 17, hop on board. I promise you won't regret it!

Now, as per usual, I have no official reading list. I do have a couple piles of books on my dresser that I wouldn't mind digging into, not to mention my never-ending e-book TBR. And I've recently started collecting audiobooks, so I think it's safe to say, I'll have plenty of material to choose from. If you want to stay up to date on my progress, or just say hello, definitely check out my Twitter (@readerconnected) or my Instagram (@readerconnected). I will be at a football game for most of the afternoon, so no reading will be done at that time, but I do plan on cheering you all on on Twitter!

I hope to see you all and enjoy a fantastic 24 hours of reading!

 Until next time,
xox

3 comments:

  1. This does sound fun? Are you still posting on this blog?
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by! This is a really fun readathon! It's actually my absolute favorite one! :)

      I've been on a bit of a hiatus, but I'm planning on getting back into the swing of things in the next week or so. :)

      Delete